Sunday, August 23, 2009

Long time, no post

It's been way too long since I last posted, so I am going to try and make a better effort of this whole 'blog thing'. Our life and business continues to change positively so it's not like I don't have stuff to write about. So my mid-year resolution is to post, post, post, and not necessarily just about photography.

So where are we? Well, 2009 has been a monumental year so far. It feels like everything has changed, or is changing. Yes, times are hard, but we seem to be in demand, we have some very nice new customers, and people are still getting married. But our business is changing. We are getting involved in so many new and exciting things it's hard to catch your breath some times.

Music has always been my number 1 passion, above photography (which is number 2) even if I am completely honest, and this year we have made countless new contacts in the music business and a large part of commercial and marketing business is now primarily aimed at promoting, producing and marketing musicians and musical artists. This new area of our business has come as a complete surprise to us, although, in hindsight, it shouldn't have. And this has given us the confidence to really dive into new areas of business for no other reason than we enjoy them.

For me, music is my life and everything revolves around it. It's taken me a long time to realise this. Photography is very similar to music. It is art, and for me that means it has no other use other than to give people enjoyment. That's it! Music and photography are simply about providing enjoyment to others, and yourself, of course.

So I am lucky. I get to take photos for a living and am increasingly involved in various aspects of the music 'industry'. What more could I ask for? Well, with passions number and and number 2 taken care of, I guess I just need to get involved with Leicester Tigers rugby club to make it 3 out of 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment