Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mandy & Richard - Somerleyton Hall, Suffolk

What an emotional day it was.  Having worked with Mandy last week to prepare a slideshow of old photos of her Mum & Dad, both whom passed away some years ago, which was to be shown as a surprise during the wedding breakfast, I knew it was going to be a really emotional day.  But I had no idea what an impact Mum and Dad had had on so many people in Mandy's family.  When the slideshow was playing there literally wasn't a dry eye in the house, and I confess I struggled to keep things together.  But as I always say, a wedding without emotion is just an event.

Mandy & Richard are just lovely people; caring, fun, proud and wonderful parents.  I've never had so many cuddles with a bride and groom as I did with these wonderful people on Saturday. It's so nice to be made to feel welcome even though you're 'just the photographer'.

On the day we photographed at 5 different locations over a 12 hour period, and somehow managed to avoid the torrential rain that was covering much of the country.  Over 350 people attended Mandy & Richard's wedding which was topped off with a fish & chip supper and fireworks at 10 pm.

Here's a couple of quick shots:








No comments:

Post a Comment